Benefits of Unripe Bananas:
- Since unripe bananas contain more starch, this means they have less sugar in them (which is usually why they don’t taste as sweet). This can be especially beneficial to people trying to avoid sugar, like someone with diabetes.
- The starch in unripe bananas can make you feel full faster and keep you full longer. This makes them a great snack in between any meal. This can also help you burn more fat quickly.
- Higher Probiotic Prevalence. Probiotics are all around good for you, especially for your colon. These can also help you absorb nutrients better (especially calcium).
Benefits of Ripe Bananas:
- The brown spots on bananas indicate TNF (Tumor Necrosis Factor). TNF helps fight against abnormal cells in the body.
- Your body can easily break down the carbohydrates in ripe bananas and they can even aid in digestion.
- Antioxidants have various health benefits, including improved immunity, anti-aging effects, and anti-inflammatory properties. Regardless of the stage of ripeness, bananas pack a ton of nutrients into one fruit. They are a great snack that maintain blood sugar levels and can keep your energy levels up all day long.